Google
 

Friday, August 08, 2008

The Yellow Rose of... Wheatfield

>

Yellow roses give you a warmth you do not get from any other color. I look forward to them the same way I long for the first daffodils every spring. Living in the north, it's a sign that the cold of winter is gone... at least for a while. It's that warm spot on the carpet when the first ray of sun comes through the window in the morning. You know. The one the cat always sits on. In this article in my 'Roses of Color'[1] series, I'm back to what I have in my garden... both those that I planted last year when the garden was new and those that I have ordered for this year. I would like to share the reasons for my choices. Of course, they may not work for your climate as well as I hope they will in my zone 6a garden. But it will give you an idea of the process I go through to choose my roses. By Jan Recchio (grampapa)July 12, 2008

No comments: